Street: 1 rue du MailCity: ParisZIP: 75002
Hardware Wallets are popular nowadays. With the boost of Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies, it is a challenge for the owners to protect their Bitcoins. There are lots of choices to keep your Bitcoins secure, and Ledger Nano is one of them.
Founded in 2014 in France, a Ledger Nano is a hardware wallet for Bitcoin, Etherum, and different Altcoins. It is a cryptocurrency hardware wallet that allows you to store your Bitcoins and another cryptocurrency safely. It might be small that looks like a normal USB device but it can bring a huge protection to your coins. Ledger Nano allows you to conveniently make transactions like receiving and sending payments on any computer quickly and securely. Other than that, it can be used for storing your digital assets with a high-level security.
Owning cryptocurrencies makes you worried, especially for the security and access to your funds. Protecting your confidential data and keeping your coins safe is a challenge for most of the coin owners. With the Ledger Nano, your information and coins will be protected inside an isolated device locked with a PIN code. This will protect your transactions from being altered and keeping your coins away from hackers and risky online storage servers.
The design is simple, small, and sleek. Because it’s small, you can bring it anywhere. The hardware wallet is manufactured in metallic cases that bring protection to the possible physical harm. You will not be worried if you ever accidentally dropped the device.
Using it requires a computer. You need to connect it to a desktop or laptop. The wallet needs to be plugged into a USB before you can access your coins. Just recently, the company announced their upcoming new Ledger Wallet application that will be available this year, 2018. This new application will be available on desktop and mobile, making your life easier by huddling all your cryptocurrencies in one place. The new application will be available on Windows, Linux, MacOs, iOS and Android.
So far, the Ledger Nano S wallet has no known security issue. Most of the users are satisfied with it because it’s easy to use, the interface and coin accessibility are nice, and most importantly, great security features. What is totally amazing is that, when it isn’t connected to a computer, it is close to impossible to hack.
- The device is very easy to use. The design is simple, foldable, and it fits easily even on small pockets
- It has a security card with 58 pairs of characters.
- Your password will be shown in the device randomly and only visible to the owner.
- It has a built-in OLED display that checks and confirm transactions using its physical buttons.
- Your 4-digit PIN always shows up every time you are using the device for tight security purpose.
- It has a recovery sheet(paper wallet) that backs up your accounts. This allows you to restore your accounts easily in case it is stolen or lost.
- This wallet reduces the risk of hacking since your account is offline if the device is not used.
- Ledger Nano grant users to accept rewarded coins which other wallets doesn’t offer.
- The device is not too expensive and reasonable.
- There’s a lot of positive reviews online.
- You need to remember all of your password.
- You need a computer with USB port before you can use the Ledger Nano.
- Your 4-digit will pop-up every time. Thus, there will be lots of process before you can finish and confirm a transaction.
- The wallet is doesn’t have mobile support yet, but the company is working on it.
How to Buy
You can visit their website so you’ll see more information about the device before buying. Their website offers complete information about the device, the price, and the expected shipping and arrival of the product. It is more advisable to purchase the device on their website. However, you can also buy the product online from the following
- Crypto Wallet Supply
Take note that it’s not recommended purchasing the Ledger Nano on eBay. You can check their website so you’ll see their approved resellers.
Different coins and other confidential data can be easily hacked and tempered when stored online. Using a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano allows you to store your coins in a secure offline environment so it will be away and out of reach from the hackers.
The vault storage is protected by a 4-digit PIN code and if ever your device is lost or stolen, you will not be too much worried because after three wrong guesses for the PIN code, the device will shut down and wipe itself.